Final Project: Idea and Research

Initial: My idea for the final project is to create an abstracted combination of textures of things I find myself thinking about or using in my everyday life. This piece would be for me, since viewers would have a hard time distinguishing the items. They would all be at least somewhat sentimental to me.


Revision to idea: The piece will be part research and part product. I will research myself and the roots of my fascinations to give myself something to base the piece off of. I'm still thinking about what medium the final piece will be in. It will either be a print(s) or a mixed media collage that I will frame -- not for the class, but so I can hang it in my room. I'm intentionally leaving a lot of room in the concept for change.
The research will be done in writing and visuals, some digital, some traditional in memo pads and sketchbooks, but eventually all put together.


Source/Inspiration images









research:



Comments

  1. Some of these textures have a lot of pot-ential and I think will work really nicely with some blending modes. Have you thought about making your designs linear or geometric? That might contrast well with the textures that you have so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like going outside of a square would be a fun idea for this piece. Maybe if anything just to give you some more room in the piece. I like all the textures and enjoy that they are personal to you. I am excited to see how this comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a really cool idea because i love exploring what myself and others view as sentimental and how we assign emotional importance to inanimate objects and so on. Have you considered creating a larger image with these textures or have any ideas about composition if you intend on going more abstract?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a really interesting idea, you could also maybe attach/layer some of the items onto the finished piece to really pull people in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoy some of these textures (on the daily!) I would recommend researching abstract painters to get a better idea on what would work compositionally as well as for the color palette. Also the more iterations the better. I know you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the concept. I think not recognizing the items of texture is totally fine and adds to the abstract quality of the work. I think your biggest issue will be trying to get the prints to really evoke the depth of the textures so it might just take a couple of test prints and adjustment layers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love oregano too! What a great cooking spice. perhaps using all of these as layers and seeing how they react over an image you've created that connects all these things?

    ReplyDelete
  8. layering these textures and making them interact could be cool. it might change how you feel about them and create some ideas about how or why they'd interact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the textures you've already chosen! My first thought is how you're going to weave everything together. Will you have a focal point or is it going to be only texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like for some visual competition to happen but there will be a focal point

      Delete
  10. Your proposal left me unsure of how you were going to link the different textures into a single unified concept.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment